Purpose of the IMS Sterilization/Dispensing Technician:
This position functions as a sterilization and dispensing technician for the predoctoral, graduate and simulation labs housed throughout VCU School of Dentistry and VCU Dental Care.
Brief Sterilization Technician Description:
Maintain peak proficiency while:
- Accurately inspecting supplies and instruments.
- Operating all sterilization equipment, and providing light maintenance to all equipment during daily duties.
- Performing sterilization, instrument and supply recognition, and customer service in distribution in a repetitive environment.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the dispensing areas and the general cleanliness and supplies in the undergrad clinics.
- Provide dental instruments that will be needed for patient use to students, staff, and faculty within the School of Dentistry and to maintain all equipment.
- Executing of daily duties.
Provide clinic support during board examinations as well as daily clinic operations. Ensure that all instruments are sterile and equipment is disinfected and available for the entire day’s operation. Maintain the cleanliness of each area during and before close of the business day. Hours of position could vary due to the business needs.
- Experience in a clinical/dental/medical environment preferred
- Prior experience with equipment sterilization preferred
- Knowledge of Dental terminology is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail skills as well as strong organizational skills
Hiring Range: $28,800
***Please submit your resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title. Additionally, referrals are always welcome, email their resumes and cover letters to the above email as well.***
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:11:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.