We are looking for an entry level Dental CAD/CAM Specialist to join our talented team. Experience in scanning and design along with dental knowledge.
Job duties include:
- Set up, operate and maintain CAD/CAM scanners, software, and milling machines.
- Set up, operate and maintain 3D printers.
- Design and fabricate dental prostheses using digital dentistry software.
- Assist in teaching dental students input and scanning of laboratory cases
- Assist with management of Cad/Cam learning center
- Inspect incoming cases to ensure all necessary information is present
- Work with director and faculty to assist with training and management of students
- Work with manufacturers to ensure good communication between them and school
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Proficient in dental anatomy and terminology
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols
- Ability to time manage, multi-task and provide efficient support to clinical providers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while consistently producing quality restorations
- Excellent computer, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in IT and digital dentistry software.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and dental lab techniques of milling and characterization of Emax/Empress crowns, Zirconia crowns, as well as implant abutments and crowns.
- Understanding in digital workflow and fabrication of removable dentures and implant prostheses.
- Exposure and/or training working with digital dentistry software and milling machine.
- Minimum of 2 years Dental Lab Technician or CAD/CAM assistance experience.
- CAD/CAM dental laboratory experience as a laboratory technician is desirable.
- Experience with 3Shape, ExoCad, Sirona or Planmeca is desirable
Hiring Range: $21 - $25 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:45:13 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.