Chief Purpose of this Position
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental clinic and/or task delegated by the treating dentist, attending faculty dentist, dental resident or student. This role would be full time in our Advanced Education in General Dentistry program.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Knowledge of dental procedures, dental self-care, utilization of materials, instruments and equipment is required.
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols.
- Knowledge of daily preventative maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of techniques used in dental radiography in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of restorative implant systems.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service.
Education level and experience required:
- Minimum two years of experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- X-Ray Certification required.
- CPR certification preferred.
- CDA Certification preferred.
Hiring Range: $18 - $21 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:03:18 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.