Chief Purpose of the Position
As a Dental Assistant with VCU school of Dentistry’s Radiology clinic, you will provide radiology services that includes exposing diagnostic quality dental radiographic images by applying principles of radiation safety. In addition, this position supervises and instructs technical radiology courses to dental and dental hygiene students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of and experience with intra-oral dental radiography that includes but not limited to periapical radiography, bitewings radiography and occlusal radiography
- Good understanding of Paralleling and bisecting angle intraoral techniques
- Experience working with PSP (Photostimulable Phosphor Plates) and Digital sensors
- Experience working with or knowledge of panoramic radiography
- Experience with Cone Beam CT scan is a plus
- Computer skills that includes basic Microsoft office suit, email and creating teaching content using power point
- Ability to work in high volume practice
- Strong verbal and written skills
Education Level and Experience Required
- X-Ray certification required
- CDA certification preferred\
- Minimum 1 year of experience is preferred
Hiring Range: $17- $19 per hour, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:52:02 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.