Full-time opportunity for an experienced dental assistant in our multi-specialty VCU Dental Care Faculty Private Practice. Must have the skills and confidence to jump right in! Successful candidates will have 5+ years hands-on clinical experience and proficiency in a surgical setting with an established commitment to quality patient care. Candidates considered for this position must have comprehensive knowledge of current Periodontic, Prosthodontic, and General Practice dental procedures. If you are a seasoned dental assistant, committed to quality patient care and meet the expectations stated, we would love to consider you for our team!
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Professional demeanor and pose
- Knowledge of dental anatomy. terminology, materials, equipment, and instruments
- Proficiency in all DAI duties as assigned in the state of Virginia
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team
- Understanding of infection control protocols and maintaining a sterile field
- Knowledge of in-office sedation monitoring protocols
- Ability to manage impromptu responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and provide efficient support to varied clinical providers
- Commitment to quality patient care
- Excellent computer, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 5 years clinical dental experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Virginia Dental Radiation Safety certification
- CPR / BLS certification
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Associate's degree or equivalent education
- Experience with IV sedation
- Experience with digital scanning systems
Job Type: Full-time
Hiring Range: $19 - $22 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Mon, 04 Jun 2018 10:00:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.