Purpose of Sterilization/Dispensing Technician:
This position functions as a sterilization and dispensing technician for the predoctoral, graduate, and simulation labs housed throughout VCU School of Dentistry and VCU Dental Care.
- This positions functions as the Dispensing Technician for the undergraduate clinics, and Simulation Labs.
- These technicians monitor and maintain all aspects of the dispensing areas and the general cleanliness and supplies in the undergrad clinics.
- To provide dental instruments that will be needed for patient use to students, staff, and faculty within the School of Dentistry and to maintain all equipment
- These workers are responsible for maintaining and accurate account of all dental materials used along with the MSDS
- Maintain IMS Sterilization & Mannequin Simulation Lab.
- Will assist course directors in pre-clinical and clinical skills course.
- Gives instruction on proper use of dental material and equipment.
- To be proficient in the performance of sterilization, instrument recognition and customer service in distribution.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records on student accounts in reference to instruments, billing etc.
- Provide clinic support during board examinations as well as daily clinic operations
- Ensure we have inventory and sterile instruments for entire days operations
- Excellent customer service and willingness to assist students, staff and faculty is required
- Computer skills required.
- Excellent recall and memorization skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with co-workers in a team and close environment
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work proficiency and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 20 to 50 pounds when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and superior customer service skills
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule for all shifts
- Knowledge of dental terminology or materials
Hiring Salary: $28,800
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 09 May 2019 11:43:14 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.