Chief Purpose of the Position
- Scheduling appointments/surgeries and following up with patients for faculty doctors and 6 residents
- Making sure the 6 residents maintain a full schedule
- Answering any inquiries regarding implant patients
- Communicating with the residents dentist in Grad Perio,OMFS and Advanced Education regarding patients’ treatment, surgery dates and what is needed for the surgery (ex. Surgical guide, essix)
- Keeping track of patients’ surgical guide for cases, making sure surgical guides are ready and any necessary prosthesis is here on day of surgery.
- Creating and keeping Shared Case Log up to date weekly.
- Submits implant treatments for authorization/approval and contacting patients with information.
- Collecting any financial obligation of the patient (copays/coinsurance or total amount for treatment)
- Tracking in patient’s history, specifically implants placed.
- Coordinate meetings with implant reps and restorative dentists with Dr. Noall (annually or semi-annually)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of implant systems and components
- Clinical and dental knowledge
- Front desk abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of dental insurance
Education level and experience required:
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of dental office experience
Hiring Range: up to $20, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Mon, 29 Jul 2019 13:50:36 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.