Chief Purpose of the Position
- This positions functions as the Dispensing Technician Supervisor of the undergraduate clinics.
- The Supervisory duties oversee 4 pre-doc dispensing areas, supervises 7+ employees, provide assistance directly to 425+ students, the numerous staff members, and faculty in the pre-doc and graduate clinics, assist with the hiring processes, maintains and ensure that OSHA standards are upheld, maintains sanitation station’s inventory, acts as the transporter of student blood samples to the appropriate MCV Labs, serves as an alternate to the Implant Inventory Control Technician, and as reinforcement in all areas of IMS when needed.
- Provides dental instruments that will be needed for patient use to students, staff, and faculty within the School of Dentistry and to maintain all equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate account of all dental materials used along with the MSDS sheets.
- Maintains IMS Sterilization.
- Will assist course directors in a pre-clinical and clinical skills course.
- Gives instruction on the proper use of dental material and equipment.
- To be proficient in the performance of sterilization, instrument recognition, and customer service in distribution.
- Maintain cleanliness and inventory in the Support Lab.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records on student accounts in reference to instruments, billing, etc.
- Provide clinic support during board examinations as well as daily clinic operations.
- Ensure we have inventory and sterile instruments for entire days of operations.
- Supervise evening staff, going over the checklist to make sure all evening tasks are completed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Working knowledge of dental materials is required
- Excellent customer service and willingness to assist students, staff, and faculty is required
- Computer skills required
- Excellent recall and memorization skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and with co-workers in a team and close environment
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work proficiency and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and superior customer service skills
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule for all shifts
- Knowledge of dental terminology or materials
- Dental instrument recognition required
Education level and experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some college or technical training required
- Dental or Medical office experience required
- Dental instrument recognition required
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician Certification highly recommended
- Computer Skills required, with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Email
Hiring Range: commensurate with experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After completion of 90 days, you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After completion of 6 months, you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or age.
***Please submit your resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title. Additionally, referrals are always welcome, email their resumes and cover letters to the above email as well.***
Please submit your resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please reference the position title. Additionally, referrals are always welcome, email their resumes and cover letters to the above email as well.
Updated on Tue, 12 Jan 2021 09:19:00 EST
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.