Chief Purpose of the Position
This position functions as an assistant for the Orthodontic practice. The employee will serve as a dental professional that supports an Orthodontist or resident during evaluations, adjustments and all orthodontic procedures. The employee will prepare the operatory and patient for each patient visit and perform all appropriate tasks permitted by Virginia practice regulations.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assist in Orthodontics
- Works well with other team members towards a common goal
- Uses time and equipment in an efficient and effective manner
- Takes part in implementing long and short term objectives that are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and goals
- Assistant will demonstrate customer service skills
- Make patients care a priority
- Communication, listening, verbal and written skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willingness to assist in non-clinic area
- Good attendance record
Education level and experience required
- Radiology certification required
- 2 years or more Ortho experience is required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Computer skills preferred, with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Email
- Ability to work in a diverse environment is required
- BLS and CPR certification preferred
- Some college or technical training preferred
Hiring Range: $19-$22 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Fri, 04 Jan 2019 12:55:07 EST
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.