Chief Purpose of this Position
- Maintaining orthognathic and all referrals that come in
- Verifying benefits for the patient’s surgery, keeping track to make sure pre-authorizations are back if needed.
- Coordinate patient treatment with referring doctor and surgical coordinator in the business office.
- Work with VCU Dental Care Director of Marketing to promote orthognathic and other referral services.
- Conduct financial consultations with patients, insurance verification submission of pre-treatments to insurance as well as the follow-up process on the pre-treatment.
- Collecting patient copays.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to assist patients, students, faculty, residents, and other staff as required.
- Must possess knowledge of dental, oral and maxillofacial procedures
- Must possess working knowledge of dental terminology.
- Superior telephone etiquette skills required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Working knowledge of advanced computer and data entry skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team required.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to maintain multiple objectives simultaneously required.
- Ability to understand and explain patient account financial ledgers required.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service.
Education level and experience required:
- High School Diploma required
- College education preferred or equivalent applicable training or experience.
- Completion of a dental assisting program
- Minimum 2 years of dental clinical experience
- Oral and maxillofacial clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of orthognathic and cosmetic surgery procedures preferred
- Computer skills required, with proficiency in Microsoft Windows & Office, especially Word and Excel
Hiring Range: $18 - $21 per hour, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:59:36 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.