Chief Purpose of this Position
The Patient Account Coordinator serves to perform registration, financial, and insurance processes for patients of VCU Dental Care's Student Practice, and also plays a role in the educational experience of D.D.S. students. Primary responsibilities include scheduling and registration of new patients, obtainment and verification of insurance policy information, check-out procedures including accepting payments. The role also includes routine financial consultations with patients (reviewing treatment plans, estimating insurance costs, offering payment options), assisting patients in applying for third-party credit, and counseling students on ethical and efficient financial practices. The Student Practice is a high-volume, fast-paced practice serving a diverse population, regularly scheduling over 1000 patient visits per week including 100 new patient visits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Working knowledge of dental terminology required.
- Superior telephone etiquette skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to assist patients, students, faculty, and other staff is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team required.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to maintain multiple objectives simultaneously required.
- Ability to understand and explain patient account financial ledgers required.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment is required.
- Must be flexible to work schedule for varying shifts between 8:00 and 5:30
Education level and experience required
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- College education strongly preferred
- 1-3 years working experience in a medical or dental office setting, with a strong preference for a dental background preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Accounts receivable and/or insurance verification or coordination preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computers and data entry skills required
Hiring Range: $16.00-$18.00, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:55:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.