Pediatric Dental Assistant
Chief Purpose of the Position
As a Dental Assistant with VCU Pediatric Dentistry you will support all aspects of the clinical care of patients both within our clinic and in the operating room. Delivery of care will include, but is not limited to, preparing the treatment room, the patient, and instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental clinic and/or task delegated by the treating dentist, attending faculty dentist, dental resident or students rotating through VCU Health Systems. Other functions include sustaining patient comfort, managing supplies, listening to patients’ needs and educating them on oral health care, working efficiently to maintain doctors’ schedules and adhering to all OSHA and safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Works well with other team members towards a common goal.
- Knowledge of dental procedures, dental self care, utilization of materials, instruments, and equipment.
- Willing to learn new skills, techniques and diversify talents when needed
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols.
- Knowledge of daily preventive maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of techniques used in dental radiography in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Uses time and equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service.
- Takes part in implementing long and short term objectives that are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and goals.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Education Level and Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CPR Certification preferred
- X-Ray Certification required
- CDA Certification preferred
- Minimum five years of experience preferred
Hiring Range: up to $21, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Fri, 08 Feb 2019 14:06:00 EST
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.