Registered Dental Hygienist-- Full Time / Part Time
Chief Purpose of the Position
The Dental Hygienist promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies. The dental Hygienist charts conditions of decay and disease. The Dental Hygienist will perform procedures in compliance with the dental practice set forth by practice providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Prepare treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols
- Prepare patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, seating and draping the patient
- Maintain patient appearance
- Provide information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests
- Maintain instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing and selecting instruments
- Select materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health
- Completes dental prophylaxis by removing calculus and plaque from all surfaces of teeth
- Remove stains and deposits from teeth and from beneath gum margins
- Detect disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to asses levels of recession
- Take radiographs to determine patient health needs
- Arrest dental decay by applying fluoride and other cavity preventing agents
Education Level and Experience Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience as Dental Hygienist
- CPR certification preferred
- X-Ray certification required
- Basic understanding and knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules
Hiring Range: commensurate with experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:50:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.