Chief Purpose of this Position
The Surgical Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing exam, post-op, maintenance, scaling and root planing and surgical setups for two resident doctors in the Graduate Periodontal Department. The clinic has 9 residents that you will be rotating through, two at a time every two weeks. The assistant will help the doctors with instruments and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing all procedures in compliance with the dental clinic and/or task delegated by the attending faculty dentist and dental resident. The job also entails, cleaning the operatories after each patient. As well as but not limited to taking X-Rays, CT scan, Panoramic X-Rays and helping in sterilization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Knowledge of dental procedures, dental self care, utilization of materials, instruments, and equipments.
- Knowledge of Moderate IV Sedations
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols (OSHA).
- Knowledge of daily preventive maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of techniques used in dental radiography in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service with a great attitude.
Education level and experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- CPR Certification preferred
- X-Ray Certification required
- CDA Certification preferred
- Sedation training in Moderate IV sedation and nitrous oxide preferred
- Successful completion of the AAOMS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Anesthesia Assistants Program required.
Hiring Range: $19 - $21 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit your resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the position title. Additionally, referrals are always welcome, email their resumes and cover letters to the above email as well.
Updated on Tue, 14 Jul 2020 08:50:15 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.