Chief Purpose of the Position
The Surgical Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing exam, post-op, maintenance, scaling and root planing and surgical setups for two resident doctors in the Graduate Periodontal Department. The clinic has 9 residents that you will be rotating through, two at a time every two weeks. The assistant will help the doctors with instruments and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing all procedures in compliance with the dental clinic and/or task delegated by the attending faculty dentist and dental resident. The job also entails, cleaning the operatories after each patient. As well as but not limited to taking X-Rays, CT scan, Panoramic X-Rays and helping in sterilization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of dental procedures, dental self care, utilization of materials, instruments, and equipments.
- Knowledge of Moderate IV Sedations
- Knowledge of standard infection control protocols (OSHA).
- Knowledge of daily preventive maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge of techniques used in dental radiography in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of dental office administrative procedures and principles of dental office record keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver high level of customer service with a great attitude.
Education Level and Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- CPR Certification preferred
- X-Ray Certification required
- CDA Certification preferred
- Sedation training in Moderate IV sedation and nitrous oxide preferred
- Successful completion of the AAOMS Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Anesthesia Assistants Program required.
Hiring Range: $18 - $21 per hour, based on relevant work experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 18 Jul 2019 14:23:08 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.