Oral Surgery Surgical Assistant
Chief Purpose of this Position
The Surgical Assistant will serve as a medical professional that supports an OMFS surgeon or resident during evaluations, surgery and post-op care. The surgical assistant will prepare the operatory and patient for each patient visit and/or surgery by obtaining the health history, vital signs, reason for visit, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to first assist in Oral Surgery
- Works well with other team members towards a common goal
- Uses time and equipment in an efficient and effective manner
- Takes part in implementing long and short term objectives that are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision and goals
- Assistant will demonstrate knowledge and skills to assist on surgical cases
- Assistant will demonstrate customer service skills
- Make patients’ care a priority
- Communication, listening, verbal and written skills
- Basic computer knowledge
Education level and experience required:
- 1+ years of hands-on clinical experience required
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- BLS and CPR certification preferred
- Dental radiology license
- Dental office experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some college or technical training preferred
- Computer skills preferred, with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Email
Hiring Range: $18-$21 per hour, based on relevant work experience.
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Fri, 30 Aug 2019 14:43:32 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.