Chief Purpose of this Position
The Technical Trainer reports to the Senior Applications Administrator and provides support to the VCU Dental Care and VCU School of Dentistry customer community in the use of our electronic patient management system and related systems. The trainer will provide and develop training for all students, faculty and staff. The trainer will be required to create and update documentation for training and practice workflow needs. The trainer will respond to frontline, first-level customer support requests and assist on large projects. The trainer will be active in advancing the use, features and functions of the IT systems consistently across multiple practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows operating systems in a networked environment (R)
- Ability to organize complex information into an understandable format and convey that information to people with no technical knowledge (R)
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently (R)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (R)
- Demonstrated knowledge axiUm and MiPACS software applications (P)
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical dental operations in an academic environment (P)
Education level and experience required
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Windows application systems in a networked environment
- Experience conducting training to small and large groups
- Experience developing training materials
- Experience supporting axiUm, MiPACS highly desirable
- Experience supporting dental clinical applications highly desirable
Hiring Range: commensurate with experience
Brief Summary of Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to Health and Group Life Insurance, Vision, Dental Care Discounts (not insurance), 401k Profit Sharing Plan, and Paid Holidays. After a completion of 90 days you are eligible for Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave, a Uniform Allowance or Uniform, and Professional Development/Tuition Assistance. After a completion of 6 months you are eligible for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
EEO Statement: VCU Dental Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please submit a completed VCU Dental Care Employment Application Form for immediate consideration. Due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Updated on Thu, 26 Sep 2019 09:41:00 EDT
VCU Dental Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.