COVID-19 vaccines: Pre-register for yours at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov.
Our clinics are open for appointments to keep your oral health and your safety in check. We will be reaching out to you to schedule your next appointment, prioritizing for the most urgent needs and in-progress treatments.
We want you to know that we have intensified our already rigorous protocols and precautions to ensure your safety.
Policy changes due to COVID-19
Please note: Because of the COVID-19 virus, only one person can accompany you to your appointment. Additional guests will be asked to wait outside the building.
Exceptions: If you require more than one person to accompany you please call the practice your appointment is with for an exception.
What to expect
- You will enter the Lyons Dental Building at 520 North 12th Street, 23298.
- Pediatrics has moved locations. If you are a Pediatrics patient, please go here for what to expect!
- COVID-19 screening is required for all patients prior to appointments.
- All patients and visitors must wear a mask. If you arrive without a mask, we will provide one for you. If you refuse to wear a mask, you will be given a face shield or we will reschedule your appointment. Any patient or visitor who fails to comply with this policy or refuses to leave will be escorted out of the building by VCU Police.
- Your temperature will be checked and recorded
- You will be asked to read signage that reviews CDC COVID-19 symptoms.
- After your appointment, you will be directed to the clinic or information desk.
- Valet parking is available underneath the Perkinson Building at the corner of 11th and Leigh Streets.
Keeping you safe and comfortable
As you return to your clinic, you can be sure that VCU Dental Care is committed to your safety through:
- Staff wearing face masks and other personal protective equipment when caring for patients. Our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is readily available and includes the most up-to-date equipment—robotic UV sanitizers, customized face shields, and specially fitted N95 masks
- Sanitation of any place or object after exposure by staff or patients
- Clinics have been prepared for your visit based upon CDC, ADA, VDA, OSHA, VCU and VCU Health System guidance.
- Enforcement of social distancing in waiting rooms and between treatment spaces.
- Compassionate and expert caregiving.
We will be reaching out to you to schedule an appointment. You may also call (804) 828-9190 to speak with a patient care representative. If you need after-hours or weekend emergency care, call (804) 828-0951 and ask for the dental resident on call.
Oral pathology services
The Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Diagnostic Service is open and fully operational for biopsy examinations and for autoclave spore strip testing. For details, visit the Biopsy Service page for more information.