What to expect
- You will enter the Lyons Dental Building at 520 North 12th Street, 23298.
- Pediatrics has moved locations. If you are a Pediatrics patient, please go here for what to expect!
- Patients are no longer required to wear a mask in our waiting areas; masks are welcome but not required. Individuals who prefer to continue wearing a mask are encouraged to do so.
- After your arrival, you will be directed to the clinic or information desk.
- Valet parking is available underneath the Perkinson Building at the corner of 11th and Leigh Streets.
Keeping you safe and comfortable
As you return to your clinic, you can be sure that VCU Dental Care is committed to your safety through:
- Staff wearing face masks and other personal protective equipment when caring for patients. Our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is readily available and includes the most up-to-date equipment—robotic UV sanitizers, customized face shields, and specially fitted N95 masks
- Sanitation of any place or object after exposure by staff or patients
- Clinics have been prepared for your visit based upon CDC, ADA, VDA, OSHA, VCU and VCU Health System guidance.
- Enforcement of social distancing in waiting rooms and between treatment spaces.
- Compassionate and expert caregiving.
We will be reaching out to you to schedule an appointment. You may also call (804) 828-9190 to speak with a patient care representative. If you need after-hours or weekend emergency care, call (804) 828-0951 and ask for the dental resident on call.
Oral pathology services
The Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Diagnostic Service is open and fully operational for biopsy examinations and for autoclave spore strip testing. For details, visit the Biopsy Service page for more information.