Our clinics are open for appointments to keep your oral health and your safety in check. We will be reaching out to you to schedule your next appointment, prioritizing for the most urgent needs and in-progress treatments.
We want you to know that we have intensified our already rigorous protocols and precautions to ensure your safety.
What to expect
- COVID-19 screening is required for all patients prior to appointments.
- Your temperature will be checked and recorded
- You will be asked about symptoms, travel history and exposure to someone who has been confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- You will enter the Lyons Dental Building at 520 North 12th Street, 23298.
- You will be given a mask to wear if you did not bring one from home.
- You will be escorted to the clinic.
- After your appointment, you will be escorted to an appropriate exit.
- Valet parking is available underneath the Perkinson Building at the corner of 11th and Leigh Streets.
Keeping you safe and comfortable
As you return to your clinic, you can be sure that VCU Dental Care is committed to your safety through:
- Staff wearing face masks and other personal protective equipment when caring for patients. Our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is readily available and includes the most up-to-date equipment—robotic UV sanitizers, customized face shields, and specially fitted N95 masks
- Sanitation of any place or object after exposure by staff or patients
- Clinics have been prepared for your visit based upon CDC, ADA, VDA, OSHA, VCU and VCU Health System guidance.
- Enforcement of social distancing in waiting rooms and between treatment spaces.
- Compassionate and expert caregiving.
Can I bring someone with me to my appointment?
- Adult patients are encouraged to attend alone if possible. This helps keep the number of people in the clinic as low as possible and helps maintain social distancing.
- Adult patients can bring one person along if they require assistance, and pediatric patients can bring one adult companion.
We will be reaching out to you to schedule an appointment. You may also call (804) 828-9190 to speak with a patient care representative. If you need after-hours or weekend emergency care, call (804) 828-0951 and ask for the dental resident on call.
Oral pathology services
The Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Diagnostic Service is open and fully operational for biopsy examinations and for autoclave spore strip testing. For details, visit the Biopsy Service page for more information.